Bright Power, Inc. is seeking an energy engineer to work on challenging energy efficiency projects in multifamily buildings. The candidate should be very self-motivated, enjoy working with and designing systems, adapt quickly to new technologies, and get a kick out of finding energy savings opportunities in the world around them.
Qualified candidates please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, writing sample and excel spreadsheet sample. Sorry, but we can only consider candidates with U.S. work authorization at this time.
Ideal candidate should have:
- High proficiency in Excel and excellent computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented approach, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative problem-solving ability
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- At least two years of energy auditing experience
- Experience with multifamily building types and associated mechanical systems
- Experience working within government and utility incentive programs
- Familiarity with NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program
- eQuest, EAQUIP, and/or TREAT experience
- Ability to calculate energy savings using industry-standard formulas
- Construction management experience
- Active participation in professional industry associations
- Published articles
- Teaching experience
- Strong academic profile
About Bright Power:
• Founded in 2004, office located in downtown Manhattan.
• Hard-working, casual work environment.
• Serious about delivering high quality results, while having fun in the process.
• Standard business hours with some flexibility.
• “Realistic Idealists” working to change the world in pragmatic ways.
• Projects primarily in New York City, as well as national and international.
Bright Power provides energy services in the following technologies:
• Heating Systems (steam, hydronic, forced air)
• Cooling Systems (AC, commercial refrigeration)
• Lighting Systems (including motion sensors and other controls)
• Electrical Systems (motors, industrial machinery, controls)
• Renewable Energy (esp. solar PV, solar thermal, CSP, wind)
• Controls and Energy Management Systems
• Remote Monitoring
• Energy Modeling (eQuest, TREAT, Energy Plus, TRNSYS)